The following is a letter written by Monroe Village Mayor John M. Karl III to the state Department of Transportation:
---------
Mr. Robert Dennison III
Director D.O.T. Region 8
Eleanor Roosevelt State Building.
4 Burnett Blvd. Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Dear Mr. Dennison,
I would like to request the Department of Transportation give serious consideration to lowering the speed limit on New York State Route 17 back to 55 mph from the current 65 mph.
As you may be aware, serious accidents have occurred in the southern area of Orange County on this highway which is highly traveled, not to mention the deaths that have occurred as well.
As a first responder for 30 years, I have seen first hand the results of death and injury along this state road. I urge you to reduce the speed limit back to 55 mph to lessen the chances of high-speed accidents. It will be a move that will save lives and property now and in the future. Sincerely,
John M. Karl III
Mayor
0 comments:
Post a Comment